If you are considering returning to your home country but you have particular
health needs, IOM can assist you.
Traveling with certain health needs requires special attention and preparation.
You may also want to know about medical care in your country of origin after your return.
Depending on the advice of your doctor and your personal needs and requirements, our assistance can consist of the following:
- Research on the availability and costs of medical care in your country of origin;
- Financial assistance to cover medical expenditures in your country of origin;
- Referral to medical institutions in your country of origin;
- Assistance at the airport during departure, transit and arrival;
- Necessary equipment, such as a wheelchair and/or crutches for your journey if needed;
- Social or medical escort during your journey, if required;
- Where needed, handover to family or health care facility.