You are thinking about the returning home but you are not sure of your choice for reasons such as:
- You are suffering from a medical condition;
- You are younger than 18 and in Croatia without your parents;
- You have been forced to work, your passport has been taken and you have paid a lot of money to arrive in Croatia;
- You are afraid of what will happen upon return or if you stay in the country;
- You are a single parent with young children;
- You are unable to work, your health is gone with the years.
You can talk to an IOM counselor without any obligation. Everything discussed will be kept confidential. The counselor can inform you of the IOM assistance available before, during and after your departure.
You can discuss any concerns you may have relating to your return. To answer your more specific questions we can contact the IOM office in your country of origin. If needed, we will refer you to other organizations providing social services or advice on various options.
IOM can help you with:
- Advice and information during counselling hours (link consultation hours);
- Visit you at a given address if you prefer;
- Contacting your family in the country of origin for further assessment;
- Assess the situation in your country;
- Assist you if you do not have a valid travel document;
- Arrange and pay for the travel;
- Assistance at Zagreb airport;
- Assistance during transit, at the airport in your country and onward transportation to your destination;
- Someone can accompany you during the whole travel if necessary;
- Supporting you in case of medical problems;
- A reintegration counselling to help you decide on what you want to do with reintegration assistance if you are eligible for it.